PHOTO – In Bamande, a health area located in the Komanda health zone, south-east of the Ituri province in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Yvonne Nengo, 30 years, never goes unnoticed.
Fighting malnutrition in Ituri
With a screening booklet and reference chips in hand, the young mother goes round the village, three times a week, to test for acute malnutrition in children less than 5 years, to monitor their treatment and to sensitize the community on this public health problem.
To learn more, discover our photo-report on Medium :
More info about malnutrition in Ituri and in DRC
- Chronic malnutrition in South Kivu : a unique photo report
- African child day in DRC: priority to chronic malnutrition
- Fighting malnutrition: a priority in South-Kivu
- Nearly 400 000 children at risk of severe acute malnutrition in the Greater Kasai due to violence – UNICEF
Translated from French by Adjah Benedict
Latest posts by Jeannot Kassa (see all)
- Yvonne, a community volunteer against malnutrition in Ituri - 7 September 2017