Find all the latest information about the Ebola outbreak in the Equateur Province and the response of the Government, UNICEF and their partners to control the outbreak.
On the 12th of June, an executive briefing on the Ebola response was organized with the participation of the UNICEF Executive Director, Deputy Executive Directors, WCAR Regional Director, Division Directors at NYHQ, WCARO and the DRC Country Office.
A high-level visit of the Minister of Health, the WHO Director-General and WHO Representative took place in the Itipo health area of the Iboko health zone on the 11th of June. This was followed by a donor field mission led by the Humanitarian Coordinator on the 12th of June, and a mission by the UNICEF Representative on the 13th of June.
As of the 13th of June, a total of 2,633 persons have been vaccinated in the three affected health zones of Wangata (Mbandaka), Bikoro, and Iboko, of the Equateur province.
In the last week (June 6 – 12), the epidemiological situation in the affected health zones remains stable with no new confirmed case reported in three affected health zones, active surveillance for cases and of contacts, however, continues.
- 66 total reported cases (MoH, 13 June 2018)
- 38 confirmed cases (MoH, 13 June 2018)
- 28 deaths recorded (MoH, 13 June 2018)
- 390 contacts under surveillance (MoH, 13 June 2018)
>> Full report
Yves Willemot est le chef de l’Équipe InfoCom de l’UNICEF RDC. Plus que tout, ce qui est important pour lui c'est d'être "tous ensemble pour les enfants".
Yves Willemot is Head of the UNICEF DRC InfoCom Team. More than anything, he believes that the most important is to "be together for the children".
Latest posts by Yves Willemot (see all)
- Ebola in the Equateur Province: the situation as of 27 June 2018 - 2 July 2018
- Kasaï : UNICEF réintègre 30.000 enfants à l’école grâce à un don des peuples américains et britanniques - 27 June 2018
- Ebola in the Equateur Province: the situation as of 20 June 2018 - 23 June 2018
- Japan allocates 700,000 USD to UNICEF for the response to the Ebola crisis in the Democratic Republic of Congo - 20 June 2018
- Plus de 3,5 millions d’enfants vaccinés contre la polio - 19 June 2018