Going against the rain, Naomie took the path for the Tobongisa institute of Kisangani, in the north-east of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, at an early hour in order to be punctual. Naomie is 7 years old and it’s her first year of school.
There are many children my age who do not go to school because their parents do not have money. In my family, only my half-sister goes to school because her father can pay for her school fees.
Gwenn Dubourthoumieu s’est intéressé à la photographie alors qu’il travaillait en Afrique pour des ONG humanitaires. Professionnel depuis avril 2010, son travail est régulièrement récompensé. Il travaille régulièrement pour UNICEF RDC en tant que consultant photographique.
Gwenn Dubourthoumieu became interested in photography while working in Africa for humanitarian NGOs. Professional since 2010, his work is regularly rewarded. He's a photography consultant for UNICEF DRC.
Latest posts by Gwenn Dubourthoumieu (see all)
- For every child, dreams - 20 November 2017
- Spend less to better feed your child. - 7 November 2017
- Hélène, School Brigades Leader of a Healthy School - 18 October 2017
- In Futuka, the community development unit partners with the health care centre to improve household health - 17 October 2017
- Washing hands in Kinshasa: is it a habit ? - 16 October 2017