WORLD WATER WEEK – At Babondika, a small locality located 12 kilometers north of Kisangani, the capital of Tshopo province, the village committee is mobilizing to maintain the water pump of the village with local means.
Women in water management
Every quarter, three women “chosen among the most courageous of the village” dismantle the pump in order to clean the pipes, lubricate the wheelwork and change the waterproof joints.
They are enthusiastic about maintaining the pumps since they are the first users
Women more involved in the management of drinking water in DRC
Gwenn Dubourthoumieu s’est intéressé à la photographie alors qu’il travaillait en Afrique pour des ONG humanitaires. Professionnel depuis avril 2010, son travail est régulièrement récompensé. Il travaille régulièrement pour UNICEF RDC en tant que consultant photographique.
Gwenn Dubourthoumieu became interested in photography while working in Africa for humanitarian NGOs. Professional since 2010, his work is regularly rewarded. He's a photography consultant for UNICEF DRC.
Latest posts by Gwenn Dubourthoumieu (see all)
- A community that secures the education of its children - 18 May 2018
- In support of Olivier, a child incarcerated in the Mbandaka prison - 2 May 2018
- Victims of sexual violence: supporting families - 12 March 2018
- A host family for David - 2 March 2018
- Encouraging the women to attend their first prenatal consultation during their first trimester of pregnancy - 21 February 2018