PHOTO REPORT – Mambote Primary School’s student club, created last year with the goal of promoting equality between boys and girls, aimed towards togetherness, and bringing the students to raise awareness within their families and friends about gender questions.
A change of behavior both at school and at home
“The majority of school fights implicated boys against girls. Often times, boys would make fun of girls and thus it yielded disputes. Since they became more aware about mutual respect and were encouraged to participate in activities together, there are less fights.”
More info about gender equality in DRC
Gwenn Dubourthoumieu s’est intéressé à la photographie alors qu’il travaillait en Afrique pour des ONG humanitaires. Professionnel depuis avril 2010, son travail est régulièrement récompensé. Il travaille régulièrement pour UNICEF RDC en tant que consultant photographique.
Gwenn Dubourthoumieu became interested in photography while working in Africa for humanitarian NGOs. Professional since 2010, his work is regularly rewarded. He's a photography consultant for UNICEF DRC.
Latest posts by Gwenn Dubourthoumieu (see all)
- Naomie’s first year of school - 8 September 2017
- Repairer Moms who ensure the durability of the installations - 30 August 2017
- A student club bring boys and girls to play together - 17 August 2017
- Denied a childhood - 8 August 2017
- First the violence, and now hunger - 17 July 2017