PHOTO REPORT – Mambote Primary School’s student club, created last year with the goal of promoting equality between boys and girls, aimed towards togetherness, and bringing the students to raise awareness within their families and friends about gender questions.
A change of behavior both at school and at home
“The majority of school fights implicated boys against girls. Often times, boys would make fun of girls and thus it yielded disputes. Since they became more aware about mutual respect and were encouraged to participate in activities together, there are less fights.”
More info about gender equality in DRC
Through the ‘’Men and women moving forward together ‘’ programme, UNICEF and the Ministry of Gender, Family and Children’s affairs, with funding from the European Union, wish to act on all types of gender based violence and their root causes.
Gwenn Dubourthoumieu s’est intéressé à la photographie alors qu’il travaillait en Afrique pour des ONG humanitaires. Professionnel depuis avril 2010, son travail est régulièrement récompensé. Il travaille régulièrement pour UNICEF RDC en tant que consultant photographique.
Gwenn Dubourthoumieu became interested in photography while working in Africa for humanitarian NGOs. Professional since 2010, his work is regularly rewarded. He's a photography consultant for UNICEF DRC.
Latest posts by Gwenn Dubourthoumieu (see all)
- A community that secures the education of its children - 18 May 2018
- In support of Olivier, a child incarcerated in the Mbandaka prison - 2 May 2018
- Victims of sexual violence: supporting families - 12 March 2018
- A host family for David - 2 March 2018
- Encouraging the women to attend their first prenatal consultation during their first trimester of pregnancy - 21 February 2018