NEWS – Health, nutrition, water, education, emergencies, … Everything you need to know about the children and UNICEF DRC in 2016.
The situation of children in the DRC
In spite of its vast physical size and limitless natural resources, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is one of the poorest countries in the world, ranking 176th out of 188 countries in the 2015 human development report. Child poverty is widespread, particularly in conflict-affected and hard-to-reach areas. According to a recent UNICEF study, 80 percent of children aged zero to 15 years old experience at least two major child rights deprivations.
UNICEF in DRC : our work
Holding one of the largest UNICEF Programmes in the world, UNCEF DRC maintained its rank as the biggest office in terms of fundraising in the organization.
Together for every child !
Yves Willemot est le chef de l’Équipe InfoCom de l’UNICEF RDC. Plus que tout, ce qui est important pour lui c'est d'être "tous ensemble pour les enfants".
Yves Willemot is Head of the UNICEF DRC InfoCom Team. More than anything, he believes that the most important is to "be together for the children".
Latest posts by Yves Willemot (see all)
- Every Child Alive - 21 February 2018
- UNICEF very concerned by the 46,000 displaced or refugee children from the Ituri Province - 16 February 2018
- Towards peace and hope for former child soldiers - 14 February 2018
- Nouvelle contribution de la Coopération Suisse pour combattre la malnutrition au Sud-Kivu - 14 February 2018
- Thousands of children continue to be used as child soldiers - 12 February 2018