ACTU – In April 2017, DRC registered a new polio case in penegorie village in the Kunda Health Zone, Maniema province. Deo, a motorbike repairer has engaged in the fight against the disease as a social mobiliser for the interest of children.
A hero of vaccination
The sun has just risen when Mbutu Deo Mbuzamabe closes his motorcycle repair shop. With his megaphone slung over his shoulder, the 45-year-old man sets off for the city of Kipaka in order to educate the members of his community to vaccinate the children against poliomyelitis.
“I decided to be a Community Mobilizer at the central office of the Kunda health zone because I am, firstly, an influential man in the community.
When I speak, I am easily listened to. I have pledged to mobilize people, because previously, there was a lot of resistance to vaccination
Follow the steps of Deo, our hero for vaccination on Medium, UNICEF’s new and interactive platform !
More info about vaccination against polio in DRC
- – Unite in the fight against an invisible enemy: poliomyelitis in the DRC
- – DRC: 10 million children immunized against polio
- – Children Demanding the Polio Vaccine
Djaounsede Madjiangar est un Spécialiste de la Communication de l'UNICEF pour la RDC, basé à Goma. Il est convaincu que pour une vie harmonieuse dans la société, chaque enfant doit être élevé dans un esprit de paix, de dignité, de tolérance, de liberté, d’égalité, et de solidarité.
Djaounsede Madjiangarstrong is a UNICEF Communication Specialist for Eastern DRC, based in Goma. He believes that for a harmonious life in a society, every child should be raised in peace, dignity, tolerance, equality and solidarity.
Latest posts by Djaounsede Madjiangar (see all)
- My identity for the development of my country - 22 September 2017
- A fair to preserve human dignity of victims of armed conflicts - 24 August 2017
- UN CARES : a call by the United Nations to break the silence - 24 August 2017
- Fighting and preventing cholera in Goma - 22 August 2017
- Deo, hero of vaccination against polio - 7 August 2017