All the people of the world have rights. Children need special protection and therefore, special rights as well. The Convention on the Rights of the Child includes all the rights but also all the obligations relating to children.
Article 6: The right to live and survive
All children have the right to life. Governments must ensure that children survive and develop healthily. What does this mean? Children should not suffer from hunger ; when they are sick, they should be able to be treated, get the necessary medicine ; and they should have time to play and learn, etc.
Know the rights of the child to better achieve them:
Illustrations specially drawn by Fati Kabuika from the Congolese organization BD Kin Label
Latest posts by Pona Bana (see all)
- Enfin un espace de discussion en ligne pour les ados de la RDC ! - 25 June 2020
- We are children not soldiers! - 12 February 2019
- Nous sommes des enfants et pas des soldats - 12 February 2019
- Happy New Year 2019! - 1 January 2019
- Bonne année 2019 ! - 1 January 2019