Find all the latest information about the Ebola outbreak in the Equateur Province and the response of the Government, UNICEF and their partners to control the outbreak.
Air access to Iboko health zone was established on 25 May 2018 to facilitate the movement of the response team and materials.
Between 26 – 28 May, the Minister of Health, accompanied by WHO Representative and UNICEF Ebola Response Coordinator in Mbandaka, visited all the affected areas – Bikoro, Itipo and Iboko.
A hemorrhagic fever alert was notified in Mai Ndombe province, south of Equateur province. The alert is currently under investigation and a UNICEF communication team is being deployed to facilitate awareness raising in the communities.
As of 29 May 2018, Ebola ring vaccination continues in Wangata and initiated in Bikoro and Iboko, with a total of 561 persons vaccinated. UNICEF provided information on the ring vaccination to 526 of the vaccinated individuals.
- 53 total reported cases (MoH, 30 May 2018)
- 36 confirmed cases (MoH, 30 May 2018)
- 25 deaths recorded (MoH, 30 May 2018)
- 745 contacts under surveillance (MoH, 30 May 2018)
>> Full report
Yves Willemot est le chef de l’Équipe InfoCom de l’UNICEF RDC. Plus que tout, ce qui est important pour lui c'est d'être "tous ensemble pour les enfants".
Yves Willemot is Head of the UNICEF DRC InfoCom Team. More than anything, he believes that the most important is to "be together for the children".
Latest posts by Yves Willemot (see all)
- Children particularly affected by the Ebola outbreak in the DRC - 17 August 2018
- Ebola in the North Kivu province: the situation as of 15 August 2018 - 17 August 2018
- Vaccination, a central strategy in the fight against Ebola in DRC - 16 August 2018
- La Suède alloue 12,2 millions de dollars américains à l’UNICEF pour la santé des enfants et des mères et pour la protection des enfants en République Démocratique du Congo - 15 August 2018
- Ebola outbreak in the DRC: UNICEF ships 90 tons of supplies to help contain spread of deadly disease - 14 August 2018