Find all the latest information about the Ebola outbreak in the North Kivu province and the response of the Government, UNICEF and their partners to control the outbreak.
10 August, UNICEF’s Deputy Representative participated in a high-level mission to Beni and Mangina that included the Minister of Health, WHO Director General and the WHO Regional Director to assess the situation and current response. During the visit, Ebola ring vaccination was launched in Beni Health zone of North Kivu province.
11 August, The Joint Response plan of the Government, WHO, UNICEF and partners costed at USD 43.8 million was approved and released. UNICEF response plan is harmonized with the joint response plan.
As of 13 August, a total of 216 eligible persons have been vaccinated in the Beni and Mabalako Health Zones of North Kivu Provinces.
14 August, thanks to an in-kind contribution from UPS, UNICEF shipped 90 tons of health, water and sanitation supplies to help contain the spread of the Ebola virus.
- 66 total reported suspected cases (MoH, 13 August 2018)
- 39 confirmed cases by GeneXpert (MoH, 13 August 2018)
- 42 deaths recorded (MoH, 13 August 2018)
- 1089 contacts under surveillance (MoH, 13 August 2018)
>> Full report
Yves Willemot est le chef de l’Équipe InfoCom de l’UNICEF RDC. Plus que tout, ce qui est important pour lui c'est d'être "tous ensemble pour les enfants".
Yves Willemot is Head of the UNICEF DRC InfoCom Team. More than anything, he believes that the most important is to "be together for the children".
Latest posts by Yves Willemot (see all)
- A teacher involved in handwashing in Beni - 15 October 2018
- Le lavage des mains au savon ou à la cendre, un moyen efficace et abordable pour prévenir des maladies et améliorer la santé des enfants - 15 October 2018
- 80 per cent of school children returned to school in Ebola-affected areas - 12 October 2018
- Le plus grand entrepôt de vaccins et produits de santé d’Afrique centrale inauguré près de Kinshasa - 10 October 2018
- Ebola outbreak: the situation as of 8 October 2018 - 9 October 2018