Find all the latest information about the Ebola outbreak in the North Kivu province and the response of the Government, UNICEF and their partners to control the outbreak.
On 8 August 2018, the Minister of Health visited Mangina to launch the Ebola vaccination, as a core strategy for the response. The vaccination will start with front line workers and contacts in the affected areas. UNICEF leads in the communication aspect of the vaccination.
The response coordination mechanism is operational in Beni under the leadership of the Ministry of Health. The Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Beni is now functional with the presence of the Government, UNICEF, WHO and partners. On the UN side, the Deputy Humanitarian Coordinator is deployed in Beni to support coordination.
The Joint response plan of the Government is being finalized with technical support from WHO, UNICEF, World Bank and other partners. This also includes the mapping of remaining funds mobilized for the Mbandaka response which can be re-programmed for the response in North Kivu.
- 43 total reported suspected cases (MoH, 7 August 2018)
- 16 confirmed cases by GeneXpert (MoH, 7 August 2018)
- 36 deaths recorded (MoH, 7 August 2018)
- 966 contacts under surveillance (MoH, 7 August 2018)
>> Full report
Yves Willemot est le chef de l’Équipe InfoCom de l’UNICEF RDC. Plus que tout, ce qui est important pour lui c'est d'être "tous ensemble pour les enfants".
Yves Willemot is Head of the UNICEF DRC InfoCom Team. More than anything, he believes that the most important is to "be together for the children".
Latest posts by Yves Willemot (see all)
- A teacher involved in handwashing in Beni - 15 October 2018
- Le lavage des mains au savon ou à la cendre, un moyen efficace et abordable pour prévenir des maladies et améliorer la santé des enfants - 15 October 2018
- 80 per cent of school children returned to school in Ebola-affected areas - 12 October 2018
- Le plus grand entrepôt de vaccins et produits de santé d’Afrique centrale inauguré près de Kinshasa - 10 October 2018
- Ebola outbreak: the situation as of 8 October 2018 - 9 October 2018