Find all the latest information about the Ebola outbreak in the North Kivu province and the response of the Government, UNICEF and their partners to control the outbreak.
On 8 August 2018, the Minister of Health visited Mangina to launch the Ebola vaccination, as a core strategy for the response. The vaccination will start with front line workers and contacts in the affected areas. UNICEF leads in the communication aspect of the vaccination.
The response coordination mechanism is operational in Beni under the leadership of the Ministry of Health. The Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Beni is now functional with the presence of the Government, UNICEF, WHO and partners. On the UN side, the Deputy Humanitarian Coordinator is deployed in Beni to support coordination.
The Joint response plan of the Government is being finalized with technical support from WHO, UNICEF, World Bank and other partners. This also includes the mapping of remaining funds mobilized for the Mbandaka response which can be re-programmed for the response in North Kivu.
- 43 total reported suspected cases (MoH, 7 August 2018)
- 16 confirmed cases by GeneXpert (MoH, 7 August 2018)
- 36 deaths recorded (MoH, 7 August 2018)
- 966 contacts under surveillance (MoH, 7 August 2018)
>> Full report
Yves Willemot est le chef de l’Équipe InfoCom de l’UNICEF RDC. Plus que tout, ce qui est important pour lui c'est d'être "tous ensemble pour les enfants".
Yves Willemot is Head of the UNICEF DRC InfoCom Team. More than anything, he believes that the most important is to "be together for the children".
Latest posts by Yves Willemot (see all)
- Ebola outbreak in the DRC: UNICEF ships 90 tons of supplies to help contain spread of deadly disease - 14 August 2018
- Ebola outbreak in the DRC: UNICEF mobilizes communication specialists in support of the vaccination campaign - 10 August 2018
- Ebola in the North Kivu province: the situation as of 8 August 2018 - 10 August 2018
- Ebola in the North Kivu province : the situation as of 3 August 2018 - 7 August 2018
- New Ebola epidemic in the DRC: UNICEF mobilizes staff and supplies to help with the response - 3 August 2018