Find all the latest information about the Ebola outbreak and the response of the Government, UNICEF and their partners to control the outbreak.
3,875 households were visited through C4D door-to-door sessions.
1,340 persons affected by the EVD received psychosocial support in the Ebola Treatment Centers.
A malaria prevention plan was developed to address an increase in malaria cases, observed through the many fever-related cases in the Ebola-affected health zones. The strategy includes the distribution of 275,000 insecticide treatment mosquito nets, locally adapted radio messagesonmalaria prevention, and training of frontline health workers on malaria prevention and treatment. It is expected that an effective response to the increase in malaria will bring about a drop in Ebola alerts and visits to health facilities and ETUs.
- 395 total reported cases
- 348 confirmed cases
- 184 deaths recorded
- 3,929 contacts under surveillance
Yves Willemot est le chef de l’Équipe InfoCom de l’UNICEF RDC. Plus que tout, ce qui est important pour lui c'est d'être "tous ensemble pour les enfants".
Yves Willemot is Head of the UNICEF DRC InfoCom Team. More than anything, he believes that the most important is to "be together for the children".
Latest posts by Yves Willemot (see all)
- Children account for more than one third of Ebola cases in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo - 11 December 2018
- Ebola outbreak: the situation as of 24 November 2018 - 4 December 2018
- Ebola outbreak: the situation as of 12 November 2018 - 27 November 2018
- Au cœur de la célébration, l’accès à une éducation de qualité pour tous les enfants de la RDC - 20 November 2018
- Ebola outbreak: the situation as of 5 November 2018 - 12 November 2018