Pona Bana, the voice of the children in the Democratic Republic of Congo wishes you a Happy New Year 2019!
What you preferred in 2018
This year, you were thousands to follow us, listen, and share the voice of the children of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). On the ground, the Child Reporters, our teams, and our partners are following the situation. This year, we have published more than 200 articles and given the voice to dozens of children so that they can speak on topics to which they relate, that interest or concern them. A very big THANK YOU to you all for listening to them!
During this holiday season we offer you the best of articles written by the children and the young reporters of the DRC:
- Let’s not forget that a child is the future of tomorrow
- Displaced by the violence, Shukuru dreams of resuming his normal life
- Children’s education in Haut Uélé is a priority
- Amina, mother and married too young
- Many children drop out of school for the benefit of the street
- Life in an armed group: the sad story of Rachel
- “Giving birth was a moment of both joy and sadness at the same time”
And in 2019?
Health, education, nutrition, protection… we will continue to work for the realization of all the rights of every child in the country. In the coming days, we would like to offer you more articles from our children and young reporters for a greater energetic restart!
- The child witches of Kinshasa
- Their only family: the street
- Is menstruation a sin?
- NO to access for children to gambling
- Working to survive: the sad story of Pascal and Gratien
- When rapes are settled amicably: a double misfortune
For this New Year 2019, Pona Bana will become the privileged place of exchange for our Children and Young Reporters. Here, they will continue to express themselves freely by defending their rights, sharing their ideas and pleas. Keep listening to them and share their messages!
All our other news and information will be shared on a new platform, stay tuned as it will be available soon 😊
We are together for each child in 2019, best wishes to everyone!
Translated from French by Dorsaf N. James
Latest posts by Pona Bana (see all)
- We are children not soldiers! - 12 February 2019
- Happy New Year 2019! - 1 January 2019
- Convention on the Rights of the Child: Introduction and Preamble (1/8) - 30 July 2015
- Convention on the Rights of the Child: who is a child? (2/8) - 25 July 2015
- Convention on the Rights of the Child: children’s best interests (3/8) - 20 July 2015