HUMANITARIAN SITUATION – Latest updates about the humanitarian situation in the DRC. Find the political, humanitarian and security highlights and the latest key figures and actions taken by UNICEF and its partners.
Sporadic conflicts between the FARDC and the Armed Groups / militias continued in various parts of the DRC, especially in the Eastern Regions.
20 October, 2017, the Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) declared system wide Level 3 emergency response (L3) in the Kasai Region, Tanganyika and South Kivu Provinces where there is capacity gap and rapid increase in humanitarian needs in the DRC. . This followed the declaration of Level 3 emergency by six UN agencies – UNICEF, OCHA, FAO, UNFAP, UNHCR and WFP, in some or all of these three locations in the DRC.
26 October, 2017, representatives of the security council of the African union visited Kananga, Kasai Province to assess on-going humanitarian response in the region.
Situation in numbers
3,900,000 internally displaced persons (IDPs) country-wide (OCHA Sept 2017)
475,019 refugees in DRC (UNHCR July 2017)
38,405 cases of cholera cases since January 2017 (Ministry of Health)
7.7 million people require food assistance (IPC, June 2017)
UNICEF Appeal 2017 US$ 165 million and 32.2% of required funds available
Full report : Level 3 emergency response
Yves Willemot est le chef de l’Équipe InfoCom de l’UNICEF RDC. Plus que tout, ce qui est important pour lui c'est d'être "tous ensemble pour les enfants".
Yves Willemot is Head of the UNICEF DRC InfoCom Team. More than anything, he believes that the most important is to "be together for the children".
Latest posts by Yves Willemot (see all)
- A teacher involved in handwashing in Beni - 15 October 2018
- Le lavage des mains au savon ou à la cendre, un moyen efficace et abordable pour prévenir des maladies et améliorer la santé des enfants - 15 October 2018
- 80 per cent of school children returned to school in Ebola-affected areas - 12 October 2018
- Le plus grand entrepôt de vaccins et produits de santé d’Afrique centrale inauguré près de Kinshasa - 10 October 2018
- Ebola outbreak: the situation as of 8 October 2018 - 9 October 2018