HUMANITARIAN SITUATION – Latest updates about the humanitarian situation in the DRC. Find the political, humanitarian and security highlights and the latest key figures and actions taken by UNICEF and its partners.
In June, 90,430 people were provided with essential household items, and shelter materials through the Rapid Response to Population Movement (RRMP).
The Ebola epidemiological situation in the province of Equateur remains stable with no new confirmed cases since 6 June 2018.
In June, 10,151 displaced, refugee and returnee children were provided with safe access to community spaces for socialization, play and learning.
Situation in numbers
- 4.49 million internally displaced persons
- 7,900,000 children in need of humanitarian assistance
- 2,000,000 children suffering from sever acute malnutrition
- 12,726 cases of cholera reported since January 2018
Yves Willemot est le chef de l’Équipe InfoCom de l’UNICEF RDC. Plus que tout, ce qui est important pour lui c'est d'être "tous ensemble pour les enfants".
Yves Willemot is Head of the UNICEF DRC InfoCom Team. More than anything, he believes that the most important is to "be together for the children".
Latest posts by Yves Willemot (see all)
- A teacher involved in handwashing in Beni - 15 October 2018
- Le lavage des mains au savon ou à la cendre, un moyen efficace et abordable pour prévenir des maladies et améliorer la santé des enfants - 15 October 2018
- 80 per cent of school children returned to school in Ebola-affected areas - 12 October 2018
- Le plus grand entrepôt de vaccins et produits de santé d’Afrique centrale inauguré près de Kinshasa - 10 October 2018
- Ebola outbreak: the situation as of 8 October 2018 - 9 October 2018