HUMANITARIAN SITUATION – Latest updates about the humanitarian situation in the DRC. Find the political, humanitarian and security highlights and the latest key figures and actions taken by UNICEF and its partners.
In June, 90,430 people were provided with essential household items, and shelter materials through the Rapid Response to Population Movement (RRMP).
The Ebola epidemiological situation in the province of Equateur remains stable with no new confirmed cases since 6 June 2018.
In June, 10,151 displaced, refugee and returnee children were provided with safe access to community spaces for socialization, play and learning.
Situation in numbers
- 4.49 million internally displaced persons
- 7,900,000 children in need of humanitarian assistance
- 2,000,000 children suffering from sever acute malnutrition
- 12,726 cases of cholera reported since January 2018
Yves Willemot est le chef de l’Équipe InfoCom de l’UNICEF RDC. Plus que tout, ce qui est important pour lui c'est d'être "tous ensemble pour les enfants".
Yves Willemot is Head of the UNICEF DRC InfoCom Team. More than anything, he believes that the most important is to "be together for the children".
Latest posts by Yves Willemot (see all)
- Ebola outbreak in the DRC: UNICEF ships 90 tons of supplies to help contain spread of deadly disease - 14 August 2018
- Ebola outbreak in the DRC: UNICEF mobilizes communication specialists in support of the vaccination campaign - 10 August 2018
- Ebola in the North Kivu province: the situation as of 8 August 2018 - 10 August 2018
- Ebola in the North Kivu province : the situation as of 3 August 2018 - 7 August 2018
- New Ebola epidemic in the DRC: UNICEF mobilizes staff and supplies to help with the response - 3 August 2018