NEWS – Health, nutrition, water, education, emergencies, … Everything you need to know about the children and UNICEF DRC in 2016.
The situation of children in the DRC
In spite of its vast physical size and limitless natural resources, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is one of the poorest countries in the world, ranking 176th out of 188 countries in the 2015 human development report. Child poverty is widespread, particularly in conflict-affected and hard-to-reach areas. According to a recent UNICEF study, 80 percent of children aged zero to 15 years old experience at least two major child rights deprivations.
UNICEF in DRC : our work
Holding one of the largest UNICEF Programmes in the world, UNCEF DRC maintained its rank as the biggest office in terms of fundraising in the organization.
Together for every child !
Yves Willemot est le chef de l’Équipe InfoCom de l’UNICEF RDC. Plus que tout, ce qui est important pour lui c'est d'être "tous ensemble pour les enfants".
Yves Willemot is Head of the UNICEF DRC InfoCom Team. More than anything, he believes that the most important is to "be together for the children".
Latest posts by Yves Willemot (see all)
- Ebola outbreak: the situation as of 17 September 2018 - 19 September 2018
- Ebola outbreak: the situation as of 10 September 2018 - 15 September 2018
- Ebola outbreak: the situation as of 5 September 2018 - 9 September 2018
- In eastern DRC, nearly 2.5 million people reached in effort to contain Ebola outbreak - 6 September 2018
- The “psych mum” for children affected by Ebola - 3 September 2018